Friday, January 13, 2012

We Have a Three Month Old!

We can't believe that our baby boy is already three months old! That flew by too fast. It's kind of bittersweet for me to have my little guy getting so big so fast. I know it will only be a matter of time until snuggles with mom will be traded for time wrestling with dad, that his eyes won't search a room for his Momma, and that he will start having his own important agenda. But I have some time before all that, and I know Hayden will have some siblings down the road. I guess I just love having a baby in my home.

Now, about my little man. At three months, he already is teething! Oh my gosh! I never thought it would happen this early. He has two bottom teeth that should be cutting any day. I can see the tips of the teeth poking out of his gums. He is trying to roll, but not very hard. He is content where he is apparently.


Here is a little bit about my little man and his already BIG personality:

  • He LOVES to talk with people. It holds his attention for about 10 minutes (which I think is a good span for a baby).
  • He smiles big open mouth smiles to the people he's comfortable with.
  • He gives me and his dad this quizzical look at times that says: "Make me laugh funny man! Come on, show me what you got."
  • He gets my attention in one volume: LOUD. By that I mean the crying that makes him turn all red.
  • These days, he has to be entertained. He quickly lets me know when he is bored by smacking things away with his hands or turning his face into my chest. 
  • He has a crooked smile when he is annoyed with the people talking to him.
  • He LOVES to be sung to. Sometimes he sings with me. 
  • He kicks with excitement when he's being changed. 
  • He hates being wrapped up to sleep. I wake up at night to find his arms up through the neck of his shirts to get his arms free.  
  • His favorite new toy is his fists. 
Words cannot express how happy this little guy makes me.  I have three month old pictures I will post later today. I'm out of time right now unfortunately. Dinner calls!



Ignore how awful I look. I had to post this. My little cooking assistant!


YUM! I love my fists

    No comments:

    Post a Comment