Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nursery Completed!

I am proud to announce that five days before Hayden's due date we have FINALLY completed the nursery! I know, I know, insane right?!! At least that's what friends around us have insisted that we had better hurry up before he comes. It is officially my favorite room of the house. I remember walking into my mother's nurseries and the peace and quiet that existed in each one. I have found the same thing to be true in our nursery. I love the spirit that lingers in there. I can't wait to bring him home into it!







So maybe we are crazy for not having it completed it earlier; but I feel like I would have gone even more stir crazy if we had completed it earlier. I am already going nuts as it is! After going on long walks, going golfing, and etc. there has been no progress, I still am having irregular contractions. I can't get this baby to come out!

Now it is crunch time, because Kyle's Mom flies out on Sunday along with my older brother. Yikes!

I am still feeling good, despite the normal discomforts that women talk about (lack of sleep, multiple bathroom trips, etc.), but I really honestly can't complain. I feel like I have been blessed significantly for having such a smooth pregnancy. I'm not so sure Kyle feels the same way -having dealt with all the hormones, poor guy- but as far as sickness and energy goes, I have been super lucky. Hopefully all the rest of my pregnancies in the future will be the same.

The next post that I will put up will be of our little boy! Words cannot express how impatient we both are for our little guy to come. We both have to remind ourselves that good things come to those who wait. I will admit that it does help when you do have an end date in sight. Thank goodness for the induction date that has been set for a week after the due date (October 17th).

2 comments:

  1. It's adorable!! Great job Maren and Kyle! I can't wait to meet little Hayden. Good luck with everything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren, I think your nursery is adorable! I love it! I think the blue is great, too. I'm sure Hayden will be extremely happy in his little room. By the way, my nursery was set up once Colton was about six months old, and it still is definitely no where near as cute as yours. (I did not get a decorating gene, apparently... it must be off somewhere with my being stylish gene...) :-) Anyway, that's just to say you're done before he's born, so I think you're doing great! I can't wait to see pictures of your little darling baby!

    ReplyDelete